Best AC in India 2019
Here is the list of the 10 best AC in India 2019. This list covers the Air conditioners that are best in the 1.5 Ton category and the 1 Ton category. These are all 5-star rated that helps you save electricity. They are a good investment as they are durable because of the copper condenser they use. The list covers only those Air conditioners that use copper condensers.
I am not covering the non-inverter AC in the list because of the fact that the motor of the compressor of this kind of air conditioners cannot operate at a variable speed. This kind of AC consumes a huge amount of electricity. Best AC in India 2019 must all have better durability and extreme performance even at adverse climate conditions.
This is why we should be looking for a split inverter AC and this best AC in India list that helps you save your electricity bills which were otherwise not possible with old-style non-inverter air conditioners. The inverter AC’s come with a compressor that can vary its speed always i.e, this kind of compressor is always working even if the set temperature is reached.
Also, make sure you check the star rating of the AC’s that you are planning to buy. Higher the star rating, the less energy is consumed and thereby more you can save on your electricity bills. For this purpose, I have included only 5 star rated Air conditioners in this list.
Benefits of an AC
- Higher the temperature, more you get tired doing a physical activity or even your level of thinking get affected. Switching on AC brings a great difference in the state you are in. There is a great amount of relaxation provided by AC in such harsh situations.
- Cool temperature reduces the presence of parasites and insects.
- It enhances your experience being in the indoor.
- It can keep you active and can enhance your level of thinking.
- Cool temperature reduces the presence of parasites and other insects.
- There is a lower risk of dehydration as when the temperature is low, there is less sweating.
- A good quality, the clean air conditioner gets rid of allergens in the air.
- Finally, you tend to breathe good quality air.
What is a split AC?
A split AC consists of 2 parts. A compressor unit located outside of your room and an inner unit inside your room where you have the actual AC. These units are joined by a set of copper tubing that transfers refrigerant between the units. This kind of AC often adds to the aesthetic appeal of your room.
Benefits of a split AC
- Maintenance cost is lesser.
- Quiet in operation.
What is inverter AC?
An inverter is basically a device that is used to convert frequency. This technology is widely being used in many home appliances. Here in case of AC, the power supply frequency of the compressor is adjusted that results in a variation of the cooling capacity of the AC.
This technology widely being used is because of the fact that this consumes less electricity and power when in operation. Even when the desired temperature is achieved, the compressor still works that eliminate any fluctuations in the temperature.
Whereas, in the case of a non-inverter AC, the compressor is switched off when the desired temperature is achieved. They switch on and off repeatedly, and because of this, they consume more electricity and power.
Benefits of inverter AC
- This air conditioner consumes less power compared to inverter AC.
- Faster cooling is achieved with higher RPM.
- The important thing here is that the compressor operates at a variable speed.
- Even once the desired temperature of the room is reached, the compressor still operates.
- Compressor runs all the time, unlike the non-inverter AC where there is sudden switch on and off of the compressor.
- Quieter in operation compared to the non-inverter AC.
- Inverter AC keeps the temperature of the room constant throughout.
Dual inverter AC
- In terms of performance, they are one level ahead of the conventional inverter AC.
- The innovation introduced by LG is called dual cool with the dual inverter.
- It has 2 rotors inside the compressor that minimizes loss and vibrations.
- These rotors can vary their speed without having to be switched on and off.
- This essentially helps the dual inverter AC to cool faster consuming less electricity.
- The dual inverter AC is extremely energy efficient.
Air conditioner tonnage– This is one such term that introduces confusion in the mind of people going to buy an AC. It’s just a term for rating air conditioning units. The cooling capacity of an AC is shown by its Ton. It has nothing to do with the weight of an AC itself. The more tonnage the AC has, the more heat it can eliminate from the room and hence the more air it can cool. Usually, a bigger tonnage ac would be used in a bigger sized room.
1 ton AC
- One ton is equal to the amount of heat required to melt one ton of ice in a 24-hour period.
- 1 ton ac is rated at 12,000 Btu per hour. BTU stands for British thermal unit of heat.
Suppose your room is 10 feet wide by 20 feet long. That means 10×20=200 square feet. Now multiply this with 25 BTU per square foot and you will get the minimum BTU air conditioner you should buy. That means 200×25=5000 BTU cooling capacity is needed. There can also be some complex calculations and other parameters that would be considered.
1.5 ton AC
1.5 ton AC can be used to cool rooms of a bigger size. Using a 1 ton ac in a bigger room can affect the performance of the AC. Hence, it would be ideal to check the size of a room before buying a 1.5 ton ac as its much more expensive than a 1 ton ac. The 1.5 ton split AC is very efficient in a larger room.
Best AC in India – Table of contents
- Benefits of an AC
- Split AC
- What is inverter AC?
- Benefits of inverter AC
- Dual inverter AC
- 1 ton AC
- 1.5 ton AC
- Best Air conditioner in India – Inverter Split AC – 1.5 TON split AC
- 1. LG 5 Star Inverter 1.5 Ton Split AC (KS-Q18YNZA)
- 2. Daikin 5 Star Inverter 1.5 Ton Split AC (FTKF50TV)
- 3. Carrier 5 Star Inverter 1.5 Ton Split AC (CAI18EK5R39F0)
- 4. Hitachi 5 Star Inverter 1.5 Ton Split AC ( KASHIKOI 5100x RSB518HBEA )
- 5. Voltas Inverter Split AC185V JZJ(R32)1.5 Ton
- Best AC in India – Inverter Split AC – 1 TON AC
- 1. LG 1 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC – KS-Q12YNZA
- 2. Carrier 1 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC – CAI12DN5R39F0
- 3. Sanyo 1 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC – SI/SO-10T5SCIA
- 4. Godrej 1 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC – GIC 12GTC5-WSA 5S
- 5. Panasonic 1 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC – CU-NU12VKYW
- Best AC in India – Frequently asked questions
Best Air conditioner in India – Inverter Split AC – 1.5 TON split AC
This list contains the best air conditioners in India as per BEE star rating of 5, that is extremely energy efficient. In addition, these air conditioners also make use of copper condenser that helps in extreme durability for the products.
1. LG 5 Star Inverter 1.5 Ton Split AC (KS-Q18YNZA)
- This AC comes with a DUAL Inverter Compressor – This compressor has varied speed dual rotary motor that has a wider rotational frequency.
- Power saving operating range – 20 Hz to 10 Hz and High-speed cooling range – 100 Hz to 200 Hz.
- This AC is the most energy-efficient and has low noise operation.
- Has a higher speed cooling range than conventional compressors.
- Active Energy Control – This technology efficiently limits power consumption from 40% to 80% of normal usage and saves up to 57% energy.
- Himalaya Cool – LG air conditioners with the unique Himalaya Cool Technology.
- This promises to cool you as soon as you switch on the air conditioner.
- Special Ocean Black Protection applied to both Indoor & Outdoor unit provide exceptional durability for the air conditioner.
- Hi-Grooved Copper – This starts the oscillatory movement that agitates the refrigerant for better heat dissipation. They can withstand high pressure.
- The AC has a Copper Condenser Coil. This helps for better cooling and requires low maintenance.
- This LG Air conditioner has a cooling score of 5 on 5.
- This assures true cooling performance even at high ambient temperature.
- 5-star BEE rating, ISEER Value – 4.73
- This is undoubtedly one of the best ac in India right now.
2. Daikin 5 Star Inverter 1.5 Ton Split AC (FTKF50TV)
- Coanda Airflow – This feature gives you the best AC experience.
- Air circulates to the corners of the room, avoids furniture and obstructions to throw conditioned air to the far wall.
- The same cooling effect can be felt in every nook and cranny of your room.
- This air conditioner comes with a built-in stabilizer. This eliminates the purchase of an external stabilizer.
- Econo Mode – This function in this AC prevents an electrical overload when this AC is run along with other electrical devices on a shared electrical circuit.
- It also ensures efficient operation by limiting the maximum power consumption.
- Power chill function used in this AC would make sure that the room is chilled immediately.
- This would be a very helpful feature in those scorching heat days.
- The AC uses the Neo Swing compressor. This decreases friction and vibration by ensuring smooth rotation.
- This also prevents leakage of refrigerant gas during compression cycles.
- This feature further reduces noise levels.
- With this AC, you wouldn’t notice much noise because of its Indoor Unit Quiet Operation.
- This feature optimizes the speed of the airflow so that the level of noise emitted by the indoor unit is low. The end result is peaceful sound sleep.
- You can also self diagnose an error and report it to your Daikin authorized service center so that you get a quick resolution.
- Above all, you get a 5 Star BEE Rating, ISEER value 5.3
3. Carrier 5 Star Inverter 1.5 Ton Split AC (CAI18EK5R39F0)
- High ambient working
- The outdoor unit, Hybridjet uses newly designed hybrid cooling technology to cool your home like never before.
- This AC can operate at low voltages. This is a good feature for Air conditioners as it would make the AC long-lasting.
- STABILIZER FREE OPERATION
- Inverters can work between 150V-280V even at a temperature of 48 degrees without stabilizer.
- This AC has HD filter, electrostatic dust filter, and a PM 2.5-micron filter.
- There is an Auto mode – It helps in controlling the room temperature according to the set temperature by automatically selecting cooling or fan-only operation.
- Warranty Details: 1 year on product, 1 year on condenser, 10 years on compressor.
- Auto Restart option helps in restarting the AC with the previous function setting if the power cuts off accidentally.
- 5-star BEE rating, ISEER value 4.62.
4. Hitachi 5 Star Inverter 1.5 Ton Split AC ( KASHIKOI 5100x RSB518HBEA )
- This AC operates by consuming significantly less power.
- They achieve this by optimally adjusting compressor speed and refrigerant flow to give you faster, economical cooling for your home.
- Expandable Inverter AC
- The AC expands its capacity whenever there is an increase in either indoor or outdoor ambient temperature.
- Reduces time taken to achieve the set temperature.
- Tropical Inverter
- This gives an edge over conventional inverters.
- The unique variable speed tropical compressor varies its RPM by adjusting the power supply frequency of its tropical compressor.
- Stabilizer Free operation protects components of the machine from power fluctuation.
- There is an auto-sleep mode available.
- This 1.5 ton split ac is eco friendly and has an inner grooved copper tube.
- 5-star BEE rating, ISEER value – 4.7
5. Voltas Inverter Split AC185V JZJ(R32)1.5 Ton
- This split inverter AC has a Sleep Mode: This auto-adjusts the temperature to ensure comfort during your sleep.
- Very fast cooling. Cools in less than 10 minutes.
- Makes use of copper condenser coil which is better than aluminum condensers.
- There is a 5 stage filtering system. As a result, you breathe very clean air.
- Auto Restart – No need to manually reset the settings post a power-cut.
- This 1.5 ton split ac has a sleep mode that auto-adjusts the temperature to ensure comfort during your sleep
- Above all, there is with a dust filter, Catechin Filter, Silver Ion, Oxygenator and is also anti-fungal.
- 5-star BEE rating, Rated ISEER – 4.51
Best AC in India – Inverter Split AC – 1 TON AC
This list contains the best air conditioners in India as per BEE star rating of 5, that is extremely energy efficient. In addition, these air conditioners also make use of copper condenser that helps in extreme durability for the products. The 1 TON split AC’s are useful if the room size is small and you want to get rid of the heat and focus on your work in a relaxed way.
1. LG 1 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC – KS-Q12YNZA
- The inverter AC has a good performing variable speed compressor which adjusts power depending on heat load.
- Energy efficient and quiet in operation.
- This inverter AC is suitable for small-sized rooms <120sq ft.
- There is a special ocean black protection on both indoor and outdoor units of this inverter split AC.
- This LG inverter split AC uses active energy control for saving energy and hence electricity.
- LG split AC can detect low refrigerant levels and act accordingly.
- The refrigerant used is R32 which has no ozone depletion potential.
- LG air conditioners come with Himalaya cool technology that has the power to cool you as soon as you switch on the AC. There is a single button for Himalaya cool on the remote.
- There is also a faster vertical swing on the AC that helps in cooling the entire room faster.
2. Carrier 1 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC – CAI12DN5R39F0
- This machine has a high ambient working. This helps in product performance even at a very harsh temperature of 55 degrees.
- The carrier inverter split ac can work efficiently even at a temperature of 48 degrees without any stabilizer.
- The Hybridjet technology helps in cooling the room very fast.
- It even operates at low voltage, this helps in uninterrupted cooling for your room.
- Comes with a PM 2.5 filter. As a result, you breathe cleaner air.
- Uses copper condenser and the type of refrigerant is R32.
- The carrier inverter split ac has a refrigerant leakage detector.
- Comes with a backlit remote controller.
- There is a 2 years PCB warranty and 10 years compressor warranty.
- Above all, there is a 5-star BEE rating with ISEER value 4.62.
3. Sanyo 1 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC – SI/SO-10T5SCIA
- The Sanyo inverter split AC has inbuilt PM 2.5 and anti-dust filters that helps you breathe clean air.
- Automatically resumes the AC after a power cut.
- Has dual cool inverter technology. The 2 independent rotors in the compressor help for faster cooling of your room.
- If you switch on the glacier mode, there is instant cooling provided by the AC.
- The eco function in the AC saves you on electricity bills.
- Sanyo AC has a copper condenser that makes the AC more durable.
- This Sanyo inverter AC has R32 refrigerant that is eco-friendly.
- Comes with a backlit remote controller.
- It has a 1-year warranty on the product, 1 year on condenser and 5 years on compressor.
- Above all, there is a 5-star BEE rating with ISEER value of 4.60.
4. Godrej 1 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC – GIC 12GTC5-WSA 5S
- This is inverter split AC and so, the variable speed compressor will adjust the power depending on the heat load.
- Godrej inverter AC has twin-rotary inverter compressor. This helps in faster cooling.
- The machine has an anti-dust filter that removes pollens and other allergens.
- The AC is very silent during operation. This would give you a good night sleep.
- Uses an R32 refrigerant. Hence, this AC becomes eco-friendly.
- There is an active carbon filter. As a result, common pollutants and unpleasant odors get eliminated from your room.
- Uses copper condenser. As a result, your AC is now more durable.
- There is also an Anti-Corrosive Coating On Condenser & Evaporator.
- Above all, there is a 10-year compressor warranty on this Godrej inverter AC.
- There is a 5-star BEE rating and an ISEER value – 4.50.
5. Panasonic 1 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC – CU-NU12VKYW
- The twin rotary design in the compressor provides faster and efficient cooling.
- There is a stabilizer free operation provides a stable voltage output even when there are voltage fluctuations.
- Panasonic inverter split AC has a powerful mode. As a result, you get quick cooling.
- This inverter AC has a PM 2.5 filter. This helps deactivates bacteria and removes airborne particles.
- Panasonic AC uses copper condenser. As a result, the condenser is protected against corrosion.
- There is also an auto-restart functionality. You don’t need to manually reset the settings post-power-cut.
- This Panasonic AC makes use of R32 refrigerant and hence has low Ozone depletion and Global Warming Potential.
- Comes with a Warranty of 1 year on product, 1 year on the condenser and a good 10 years on the compressor.
- Above all, there is a 5-star BEE rating with ISEER value of 4.70.
Best AC in India – Frequently asked questions
Yes, it’s definitely safe to buy AC online. The only thing to look out for is to buy from a seller who has good ratings and reviews. You can get this information from the seller details. The main advantage of buying from online is that you get a better margin of discount for the AC.
Copper can exchange heat better than aluminum. Copper coils are less damage-prone compared to an aluminum condenser and also, they are stronger than aluminum coils. They can also be maintained well and if there is any repairing required, can be done with ease. Copper coils are also easy to clean compared to aluminum coils.
Yes, it’s right that copper coils are expensive but if you want an AC that will be a one-time investment, I would strongly recommend you to purchase an AC which has Copper.
A stabilizer is used to maintain voltage if there are any voltage fluctuations in your area. The AC can operate well ideally in the range of 160 to 245 V. This range would also be printed on the AC itself. If the voltage in your area fluctuates beyond this limit, you will need to install a stabilizer. Nowadays, most of the AC in India comes with the tag of stabilizer free operation. You have to be double sure on this before buying an AC.
R32 is an eco-friendly refrigerant. It has 0 ozone depletion potential and doesn’t contribute to global warming, unlike the previous generation refrigerants. This is a great innovation that keeps you cool without disturbing the environment.
R32 is also more energy-efficient compared to the older R410A. R32 also has the safest Acute Toxicity Exposure Limit of 220,000 ppm. The global warming potential of R32 refrigerant is only 675 compared to R410A that has GWPP of 2088.