10 Best cold press juicer in India-Buyer’s Guide and Reviews
The list contains the best cold press juicer in India. The cold press juicers are also called ‘Slow juicers’. Before diving into the list of best cold press juicers in India, please have a look at my post on Juicing.
Drinking cold-pressed juices can have lots of health benefits is what some researchers and people who have had them say. One shouldn’t always go for juicing fruits. Yes, you can juice fruits but there is always sugar in the fruits, so replacing your normal meals with them is not a good idea. When a fruit/vegetable is in its juice form, the body can easily absorb all the nutrients in that because of the lack of fiber in the juice. The fiber in the vegetable/fruit is the one that slows down the absorption of nutrients in the body.
Fresh juices are rich in anti-inflammatory compounds that may boost the immune system. They may also improve digestion by introducing healthy enzymes. These healthy enzymes then make the gut work more efficiently.
Drinking fresh juice of vegetables can have several benefits like:
- You feel more energetic.
- You feel more hydrated.
- It can cleanse the body.
Before buying any juicer, the one important thing to understand is about the factors that can help you decide on buying a good juicer. Few of the things that are worth considering are:
- It should be easy to clean.
- Should be made of good quality materials that are BPA free.
- Should last for long.
- Must extract the most juice from the raw fruit/vegetables.
- It should be able to preserve the most amount of vitamins and phytonutrients.
List of some good juice cleanse recipe:
- Apple, lemon, ginger, and beet.
- Cucumber, apple, celery.
- Apple, pineapple, lemon, and mint.
Now coming to the important question- Which juicer should I buy?
There are two main types of juicers in the market.
They are the traditional type of juicers. There is a rapidly spinning motor spinning in one direction that makes the metal blade on the bottom of the strainer spin at a very high speed of around 1000 rpm. This high speed of the juicer generates lots of heat and oxidation, which destroys some of the enzymes in the fruits and vegetables you’re juicing. The nutrients are also destroyed to an extent.
Cold Press Juicer:
These are the new juicers that make use of slow spin technology. They extract juice by literally slowly squeezing the vegetables and fruits. Because of this, they don’t produce as much heat. They preserve most of the nutrients inside the juice which is ultimately what you are looking for in a good juicer. These kinds of juicers typically operate at around 50-80 RPM. Above all, this juicer makes the most amount of juice yield.
Centrifugal juicers can save you cash as its less expensive compared to a slow juicer. If you are planning to use the juice for baking, cooking, etc, you can then make use of the centrifugal juicer. However, if you are someone who makes nut milk and green juices and you also would want most of the nutrients to be in your juice, you should go for a cold press juicer.
Best juicer in India – Cold press juicer India – Contents
- 10 Best cold press juicer in India-Buyer’s Guide and Reviews
- Cold Press Juicers/ Slow Juicers/Masticating Juicers
- What is the difference between Juicing and Blending?
- Best Juicer in India in 2019 – [Cold press juicer]
- 1.Hurom juicer – H-AA Cold Press Slow Juicer
- 2.Kuvings EVO-820 Cold Press Slow Juicer
- 3.Hurom H-100 Cold Press Slow Juicer
- 4.Kuvings B1700 Cold Press Slow Juicer
- 5.Hestia Nutri-Max Cold Press Slow Juicer
- 6. Usha juicer – Nutripress (362F) Cold Press Slow Juicer
- 7. Panasonic MJ-L500 150-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer
- 8. Hurom juicer – HP-RBD12 150-Watt Cold Press Juicer
- 9. Bosch Lifestyle MESM731M Cold Press Slow Juicer
- 10. Havells Nutrisense Cold Press Slow Juicer
- What are the best cold press juicer brands in India?
- Hurom juicer – one of the best brands in Cold press slow juicer
- Benefits of Celery Juice
- What are the benefits of a cold press juicer/slow juicer?
- Philips Juicer – Viva Collection HR1863/20 2-Litre Juicer – Reviews
- Best Juicer in India – Cold press juicer -Frequently asked questions
- Best juicer in India – Cold press juicer – Additional questions
Cold Press Juicers/ Slow Juicers/Masticating Juicers
Cold-pressed juicers have been in the market for a while. The juicing experience that you get from this machine is unbeatable in comparison to any centrifugal juicer. In addition, these machines are designed better and can handle any fruit and vegetable thrown at it by ease. Cold press juicers work at very low RPM that helps squeeze the hell out of the vegetables/fruits. The yield that you get from this juicer is extreme. Once you juice using a cold press juicer, you will never go back to any normal juicer thereafter. Cold press juicers also may have a reverse function using which you can clear the blockages. It can also process nuts and you can also prepare awesome milkshake with this wonderful machine. The juicer also is very quiet and doesn’t damage any of the ingredients.
What is the difference between Juicing and Blending?
During juicing, the fiber in the fruit/vegetable is discarded and what you get finally is a liquid that contains all the essential vitamins and nutrients of the fruit/vegetable itself. If you are someone who cannot eat much fruits and vegetables, you can make use of juicing to achieve some good results.
Whereas in blending the end product is like a smoothie. What you get from a blender is what you feed inside the machine. It would contain fiber and juice. The only downside of blending is that you don’t get enough nutrients and vitamins compared to what you get from juicing. Some people may not like smoothies as it has the pulp of the fruit still in it. With smoothies, your stomach feels full compared to the juice. You can also add nuts and other ingredients to the smoothies and make it rich in proteins.
Finally, both juicing and blending can result in sugar in them. So, when you juice/blend, make sure you restrict the serving to just 1 cup of juice/smoothie. Also, make it a habit to juice and blend more of leafy veggies as they are low on sugar.
Best Juicer in India in 2019 – [Cold press juicer]
The below list contain the best-pressed juicers for your home. They can also be considered as:
- The best cold press juicer for celery.
- Best cold press juicer for carrots.
- They perform amazingly well and produce high yield for the cold press of leafy vegetables.
1.Hurom juicer – H-AA Cold Press Slow Juicer
Facts about Hurom:
Hurom is the first company to develop squeezing technology and to make the world’s first vertical slow juicer. Their juicers come at a high price, but these outperform most of the other juicers in terms of yield of juice obtained. Hurom juicer uses exclusive slow squeezing technology for their products. This reduces damage to ingredients by squeezing them slowly and steadily, to keep natural taste and nutrition intact. Hurom juicer is currently available 85+ countries across the globe including USA, China, Japan, Korea, Europe, etc. They make one of the best cold press juicers in the world. This is one of the best brands of best juicer in India.
- The hurom juicer operates at a mind-boggling slow speed of 43/17 RPM.
- This means that the auger rotates at 43 RPM and the spinning brush rotate at 17 RPM.
- Augur being double-edged can squeeze the very last drop of juice from fruits and vegetables.
- The design of this juicer is really impressive compared to other vertical slow juicers in this price range.
- Not only juices, but you can also make smoothies and ice creams with this awesome hurom juicer.
- Materials used: Auger – Ultem Plastic, Strainer – Ultem Plastic & Stainless Steel, Chamber – Tritan Plastic and Body – ABS Plastic. The machine is 100% BPA free.
- It is a 3rd generation masticating juicer from the house of Hurom that makes use of their Alpha technology.
- The alpha technology is a technology that minimizes damage to ingredients by squeezing them slowly and steadily, to keep natural taste and nutrition intact.
- There is a Pulp Control Lever and two different strainers for controlling pulp and fiber content.
- This hurom juicer is undoubtedly is the best juicer in India.
- Comes with a 2 years warranty on the parts and 10-year warranty on the machine.
- Very expensive for the buyers.
2.Kuvings EVO-820 Cold Press Slow Juicer
Facts about Kuvings:
Kuvings is one of the leading brands for making small kitchen appliances headquartered in South Korea. This like Hurom makes very good cold press juicers. Kuvings also offers lifetime service across all parts of India. Kuvings provides timely service and customer satisfaction is on priority. This is also one of the best cold press juicer brands in India.
- Elegant design with a leather finish which is best in class.
- Wider chute of 82mm.
- 3 in 1 multifunction: juice, smoothie and ice cream can be made.
- For faster juicing, there is advanced auger.
- Kuvings Slow Juicers can cold press juice evenly and gently from fruits, vegetables, and nuts.
- This cold press juicer operates at 50 RPM. There is minimal oxidation and most of the nutrients are preserved.
- It is more durable because of its 5th generation drum used. This can also be cleaned easily. The upper part of the pulp outlet is opened, and the width is wider than the previous models.
- Above all, it comes with a warranty – 10 years on Gear and Motor, 1 year on Electrical Parts.
- Very expensive for Indian customers.
3.Hurom H-100 Cold Press Slow Juicer
- This juicer is a masterpiece with an elegant design and new in class features.
- This cold press juicer has got all-new juicing strainers that prevents residue buildup on the strainer.
- The strainers have been made using ULTEM plastic which is also extremely easy to clean. Just rinse the strainers in running water and your work is done.
- The juicer comes with a smart dual hopper. This makes it easy to load leafy veggies through one section and cut fruits and vegetables through the other.
- The lift lever – Push the lift lever downward when juicing and upward when making ice cream or rinsing the juicer. When this cold press juicer is pressed down, the lift lever gives the ingredients one additional squeeze.
- There is a 7-degree tilt at the bottom of the chamber that puts almost the last drop of juice into your glass. You would not need to tilt the juicer manually again.
- The cold press juicer operates at 43 RPM. This juicer presses and squeezes the veggies and fruits with utmost precision.
- Hurom H-100 Series sets up a new milestone in slow juicing field buy actually deviating from the conventional style of vertical slow juicers.
- Above all, there is a 2-year warranty on parts and 10 years on motor.
Why the Hurom H100 is easy to clean?
- Very expensive for Indian customers.
4.Kuvings B1700 Cold Press Slow Juicer
- This cold press juicer is very efficient in juicing vegetables, fruits, greens, and nuts.
- It has a wider chute(largemouth for feeding) of 76mm. With this, you can insert the vegetables/fruits as a whole without any preparation.
- With this cold press juicer, you can make juices, icecreams, and smoothies.
- The juicer operates at a low speed of 50 RPM. We can prepare fresh juices without any additives.
- Not expensive compared to others in this list.
- The smart cap avoids spilling of any juice which helps in mixing two or more ingredients together.
- Kuvings provides Personal, Professional & Timely Service to the customers.
- The cold press juicer gives 10 years warranty on Gear and Motor, 1 year on Product.
- Only a 1-year warranty on parts.
- The juicer is a bit heavy, smoothie and ice cream strainers have to be bought separately.
5.Hestia Nutri-Max Cold Press Slow Juicer
Facts about Hestia Appliances:
Hestia Appliances was founded in 2015. The brand has helped Indians to improve their nutritional intake. They launched the first Nutri-Max Cold Press Juicer. They have contributed to improving the health of people by providing very good juicers.
- This juicer operates at 60 RPM providing delicious juices.
- Patented augur that is one of the tallest and heaviest in comparison to the competitors.
- Made of BPA free plastics.
- Uses commercial-grade AC Induction motor from Oh-sung Korea.
- 3 strainers for making juices, smoothies and ice creams.
- This cold press juicer is very quiet when operating.
- Large Feeding Tube of 75 mm, You can feed a full apple, orange.
- Very high 3 years warranty on the juicer unit and 10 years on the motor warranty on the juicer.
- A little bit heavy.
- Because of the larger chute, one tends to put the whole fruit inside the machine, this would reduce the performance of the machine in the long run.
6. Usha juicer – Nutripress (362F) Cold Press Slow Juicer
- This slow juicer is quieter with even the toughest ingredients are put inside.
- Usha Nutripress cold press slow juicer has a 75 mm wide Full mouth feeding tube.
- Due to a low speed of 65 RPM, this machine preserves the natural taste and also keeps all the nutrients intact.
- You get a high juice yield.
- Operates at 240 W and is very silent when operating.
- Usha Nutripress comes with 3 filters for juice, smoothies, and ice-creams.
- Warranty – 2 years on product, 5 years on motor.
- Operates at 65 RPM, which is good but a bit more RPM compared to others in the list.
- Only 5 years warranty on the motor.
7. Panasonic MJ-L500 150-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer
- The cold press slow juicer operates at a very low 45 RPM.
- Retains most of the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients in the juice. Also, comes with a frozen attachment with which you can make frozen cocktails.
- This slow juicer is simple to use and can be cleaned easily.
- Cheaper compared to others in the list.
- The 150 Watts induction motor operates with very low noise.
- Works well for carrots, oranges, beetroot, apples.
- Warranty: 5 years on motor and 1 year on the rest of the product
- The juicer doesn’t seem to be tough enough.
8. Hurom juicer – HP-RBD12 150-Watt Cold Press Juicer
- This juicer is very compact and can easily fit in any kitchen.
- Design is very different from the conventional model juicers and this has a 150 W motor.
- It can squeeze ingredients at a very low 43 RPM.
- This Hurom juicer has a twin-wing auger. This helps in better performance of the machine.
- There are two strainers that come with this machine.
- One is for hard fruits and vegetables and the other one for smoothies.
- The juicer is made of high-quality materials all BPA free.
- Very light in weight and motor is very silent when operating.
- It comes with a 5-year warranty on the motor.
- Very expensive for its size.
9. Bosch Lifestyle MESM731M Cold Press Slow Juicer
- The motor is the 150-watt motor and offers ultimate efficiency while operating at low noise.
- There are 3 filters that come with the juicer. For juices, smoothies, and sorbets.
- Bosch juicer works with most of the vegetables and fruits.
- The reverse function helps to release the pulp if the machine gets stuck.
- Easy to clean.
- Low-speed extraction of 55 RPM helps in the gentle squeezing of the ingredients.
- The amount of pulp can be controlled. This helps in achieving the desired level of thickness on the juice.
- There is a recipe booklet that contains different ideas for making healthy juices.
- Light in weight and the price is in range compared to the competitors.
- Not so durable.
- Expensive for the features.
10. Havells Nutrisense Cold Press Slow Juicer
- This slow juicer rotates at a speed of just 47 RPM which is very low compared to others in the list(except Hurom).
- The natural squeezing motion helps retain more nutrients in the juice.
- In this juicer, the extraction is continuous and can last to 20 minutes.
- Havells Nutrisense juicer is very silent in operation.
- The stainer is made with tertian plastic (BPA free).
- Can easily clean the strainer with the help of a brush.
- There is a smoothie-maker as an additional attachment.
- There is an electronic touch control on the machine which is one unique feature.
- This juicer is not expensive compared to others in the list.
- Pulp produced is not so dry.
- The product doesn’t seem to be durable.
What are the best cold press juicer brands in India?
These are some of the best brands for cold-pressed juicers available in India online right now. Having said this, it is always important to understand and buy a juicer that best fit your needs.
Hurom juicer – one of the best brands in Cold press slow juicer
If you don’t mind spending some extra money, you would really want to make a purchase of Hurom/Kuvings brand of juicers. Not only they are the best in India, but they have also attained global acceptance. They have been in the juicing market for quite some time now. Hurom being the inventor of this vertical slow/masticating technology themselves, should contain most of the experience and authority in deciding the best cold press juicer for their customers.
Do not replace juices with your regular meals
But, as mentioned earlier too, do not replace your main course meal with any juices as such. You can drink juices but they wouldn’t be of any replacement for your regular meals. Some people want to lose weight and they start drinking juices. It may certainly help you lose weight if you drink leafy veggie juices as they don’t have sugar to bulk you up. In these cases, the calorie intake is less because of which you may lose weight.
Benefits of Celery Juice
Celery juice is one of the most talked-about juices out there. It is proven to have great positive results on the body. I recently happened to read a book in which the author claims the following for celery juices to be true.
- Celery juice is supposed to flush toxins from our body.
- It has the ability to restore a person’s health if he is having a vast variety of disorders.
- Balances blood sugar, blood pressure, weight, and adrenal function.
- Above all, this juice can relieve digestive disorders and improve gut function.
What are the benefits of a cold press juicer/slow juicer?
- Retains more Vitamins, Minerals and Phytonutrients.
- These juicers produce a high amount of juice yield.
- Valuable enzymes and vitamins may be preserved up to 3 days.
- High on taste and quality.
- Great for cleansing your body.
- May help with anti-aging, reduces stress and can help promote weight loss.
- Tastes better and may improve your immunity.
Before ending the discussion on best juicer in India, I would also like to mention a Philips juicer that is gaining popularity in India. This Philips juicer is the Philips viva juicer which is a centrifugal juicer. I thought I must review it to make the page complete.
Philips Juicer – Viva Collection HR1863/20 2-Litre Juicer – Reviews
This Philips juicer is a feature-rich one and I thought I should be adding information regarding this too. This is a centrifugal juicer and not a slow/masticating/cold press juicer. That is why this is not included in the best cold press juicer list.
- Very easy to clean the Philips juicer. Hardly takes a couple of minutes for the cleaning.
- The pulp is collected in the pulp container. You can remove it from the container once juicing is done.
- This Philips juicer comes with a powerful 800w motor. You can feed in any fruit/vegetable in this.
- It’s feature-rich and at the same time affordable compared to the cold press juicers out there.
- This can take any hard fruit and vegetable and juice them with ease.
- The Philips juicer has a feeding tube of 75mm. Because of this, you can feed the whole of apple, beetroot, etc without any preparation without any cutting.
- We can prepare up to 2L of juice in one go with this centrifugal juicer.
- You can mix any fruits/vegetables inside this juicer without any issues.
- Cleaning is very painful in the traditional juicer mixer grinder. But this juicer will solve your problems.
- This juicer provides you with an interactive juicing experience as the body of the machine is transparent
Best Juicer in India – Cold press juicer -Frequently asked questions
Typically a juicer is fast in operation and the motor rotates at a very high speed. Because of this, the nutrients and the enzymes are lost because of the oxidation and heat produced. Slow juicer, on the other hand, operates at a very low speed and because of this, there is less oxidation and heat involved. This greatly helps retain most of the nutrients.
Since cold-pressed juices are exposed to minimal heat and air, they tend to preserve most of the vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients in them.
There is not so much information to support the claim that cold-pressed juice is healthier.
Many people use this for detoxifying the body.
Do not keep having only juices. This is harmful to your body as the pressed fruit juice contains more sugar. Keep everything in the limit. That should be the key.
Smoothies are creamy beverages that are made using a mixture of fruits, vegetables, nuts or some dairy products. They can be high or low in calories. It just depends on the ingredients that you are using to make them up. For this, you need to choose your fruits wisely. Only add contents that contain good fats and that are low on sugar.
There have been many claims regarding how celery and other juices are being used to detox your body. These juices are supposed to clean your bowel and also helps expel of any harmful toxins in the body. As vegetable juices are less on sugar,(beet, carrot being exceptions) their consumption will not create many issues within the body. As they can be absorbed easily by the body, it will provide you with essential nutrients to the body.
Best juicer in India – Cold press juicer – Additional questions
Is juicing healthy?
This is a debatable topic. There are people who claim that juicing is better for you than eating raw fruits and vegetables It is because of the fact that the body can absorb the nutrients better and faster in a liquid form. But, there are others who don’t accept this claim at all. Fresh juices are deprived of any fiber. They say if the fruit/veggies lack the required fiber, then all you are consuming is just sugar. But, if you are someone who doesn’t like to eat the whole of fruits and vegetables, then juicing becomes a fun way to actually intake the good amount of nutrients into your body.
Is sugar from juice bad for you?
Juices are high in natural sugar called fructose. This is absorbed rapidly by the body. They can lead to faster and larger changes in glucose and insulin levels. This is not good for the body as it can lead to diabetes. So, the conclusion is that make sure you don’t exceed the limits of juicing and also make sure you juice veggies more than fruits as the sugar present in them is minimal.
Will your skin turn yellow if you juice carrots?
According to the Dermatology Clinic at UAMS, eating too many carrots can cause yellowish discoloration of the skin. This is true even when juicing. Because when you juice, you tend to use more carrots to get even 1 glass of carrot juice. A condition called carotenemia is most noticeable on the palms and soles but would not cause yellowing in your eyes.
Are there any good juicers for commercial use in India?
1. Hurom HW Commercial Slow Juicer:
The juicer helps in any small business or commercial operation. This has a heavy design up to an 8
hours run time. Highest quality stainless steel is used in making the body of the machine.
This is one of the best commercial cold press juicers in India.
2. Kuvings whole slow juicer ChefCS600:
The juicer has 1.24 hrs of continuous operation. There is also a wide chute of 88mm.
This can be used for cafe, restaurants or small bars.